June 1 Skål International USA Executive Committee Meeting
All Executive Committee members participated in the June 1 teleconference. Senior Auditor Anita Peck did not attend.
A bullet point summary is as follows:
Upcoming North American Skål Congress: Skål International USA President, Holly Powers
- Consent agenda was adopted unanimously.
- On Saturday, June 17 the Annual General Meeting will be held in the morning and the National Committee Meeting in the afternoon.
- There will be voting on bylaw changes as proposed by SI Orlando and SI Atlantic City.
- Proposed rules for debate will be offered for approval by the body before the rules are employed.
- The AGM from 8:30-10:45 am will include recognizing the club of the year.
- The afternoon NCM will include a consent agenda, color coded voting after our auditors provide credentials, and an opportunity for open discussion.
- Vice President Burcin Turkkan will present the new Skål International USA media kit.
- Director Steve Richer will present our five advocacy issues.
- Arkansas and Northern New Jersey are twinning their clubs domestically.
- NCM will include proposed FY18 budget; FY17 budget is on the consent agenda.
- Changes at NASC include a Canadian and a US hospitality room with usable drink tickets in either room on only Thursday and Friday nights, two drinks per delegate.
Report of Vice President of Finance Alton Hagen
- Proposed FY18 budget is up $7000 with an anticipated $4000 surplus with anticipation of 5% less members.
- Travel expenses are less than 50% of the proposed budget as required.
Vice President of Administration Burcin Turkkan
North American Skål Congress information:
- 42 clubs are attending the North American Skål Congress with 47 total votes; 5 clubs have 2 votes each based on membership,
- Please wear blue shirts to the opening ceremonies,
- The EC will not be offering its opinion on proposed by-law changes.
- 11 club presidents participated in the June 1 presidents call. Next call might be in September.
- Media kit will be distributed to the clubs with a commission for any advertising generated.
Skål International Councillor Cyndi Golden
- Reported on proposed change of the SI Executive Committee to four elected officers, plus the chair of the Skål International Council and likely candidates for this year.
- Cyndi represented the USA at the Skål International Council meeting in George, South Africa, last month.
Vice President of Membership Toni Koster
- Reported on club building efforts in Richmond, Savannah, Phoenix, and Fresno.
- Alerted Executive Committee to give attention to SI Reno. She will be transferring to another club soon in Florida, as she is moving.
- Membership development incentives are working with prizes from Reno, Nashville, Myrtle Beach, and the Alabama Gulf Shores.
- One member has already recruited four new members.
Director of Membership Jim Dwyer
- Reported that SI Long Island is adding members.
- Reported solid progress on the Manual of Instruction, both in reduction of pages and utility.
- Reported membership guide will be available in August.
Director of Membership Dave Ryan
- Reported work on revitalizing SI Fresno.
Director of Public Relations and Communications Steve Richer
- Recommended support for continuation of funding for Brand USA by Advocacy Committee; adopted unanimously.
- Reported on status of website information from NGOs; four have submitted information.
- Requested $200 to enhance club locator on our website; approved.
- Reported plans for club development efforts at IPW coming to Washington the following week.
- Executive Committee reviewed methods of how Skål International USA could assist new clubs.
Looking forward to seeing club representatives in Toronto!
Director, Public Relations and Communications
This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.