The Skål International USA Executive Committee met in teleconference on May 8, 2017. All were present, except Skål International Councillor Cyndi Golden, who was not yet back from the Skål International Council meeting in South Africa.
The focus of the call was items to be decided and preparations for the upcoming North American Skål Congress in Toronto.
Actions were as follows:
- Consent agenda, comprised of reports, was unanimously adopted.
President Holly Powers
- Clubs missing our upcoming annual meeting in Toronto will be assessed $500. This was adopted on an amended vote rather than assessing the full price of registration and in consideration of the available $500 credit for all clubs to attend. 90% of clubs are expected to attend.
Vice President Finance Alton Hagen
- All clubs have paid all dues.
- Preparation is being made for the webinar for the National Committee Meeting on August 25 from ABA headquarters.
- Executive Committee will attend in person.
- Voting members will register as such and vote by roll call.
Vice President Administration Burcin Turkkan
- Skål Club of the Year will be SI Arkansas or SI Nashville
- Executive Committee recommends Vice President Membership be a two year term.
- Club president webinar on June 1 will address International Congress proposals, upcoming NCM webinar, Skål International strategic plan, and membership growth.
- April financials due shortly with comparisons for January to March actuals to historic first quarter performance.
- NASC/AGM agendas are coming.
- Manual of Instruction revisions are not yet ready for review.
- NASC survey has 104 responses so far.
Vice President Membership Toni Koster
- Working on reestablishing club in Phoenix.
- Andres Hayes of SI Washington working on clubs in Richmond and Savannah.
- Dave Ryan working on a club in Modesto/Fresno.
- Jim Dwyer will attend club meeting to help maintain SI Charlotte.
- Strategic plan has ten recommendations.
- Member of Distinction Award, which is nominated by Executive Committee and voted by membership during AGM, suggested by Executive Committee to be renamed The Bill Sweet Member of Distinction Award. This will be presented at the AGM and subject to 50% plus 1 vote of membership. Only Skålleagues can be nominated by the EC.
- Clubs appreciate membership incentive award, new travel packages in Alabama and North Carolina have been added to the original Reno offer.
Director Membership Jim Dwyer and Auditor Art Allis
- Manual of Instruction project with index should be ready for review by the Executive Committee shortly.
Director Public Relations and Communications Steve Richer
- Non-government organizations are being contacted for website placement with four pieces of information requested.
- Skål International Strategic Plan to be held for distribution until it is officially released.
- Twinning with Indian Skål Clubs is proceeding.
- No advertising funds have yet been collected. $25,000 goal.
The next Executive Committee meeting will be held on Thursday, June 1.
This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.